'We're in love... she's mended my broken heart': Alex Reid and Chantelle Houghton's give gushing joint TV interview

By Daily Mail Reporter


'It's love': Chantelle Houghton and Alex Reid gaze at each other as they admit they're in love on This Morning

They've both been burned by their shortlived marriages and subsequent divorces.

But after just over three months together, it appears Chantelle Houghton, 27, and Alex Reid, 36, have overcome their heartbreak and found 'love'.

During their first joint TV interview, the couple said the 'L word' for the first time and admitted they had discussed possible marriage.


In a saccharine profession of love on This Morning, Reid said: 'I was very nervous when I first met Chantelle, because my heart was still broken... but she's mended it.'

Alluding to his estranged wife Katie Price, who dumped him in January after less than a year of marriage, he said: 'I was scared of love after... you know.

'It feels like there's no pressure - at first I was a bit stand-offish and I was like "hold on" - I was scared of love after for better for worse.'

Houghton met Reid at - ironically - the Fate Awards in Belfast on April 15 - just days after she split from TV presenter Rav Wilding following a five month romance.

Whirlwind romance: Houghton was camera-ready as she left the ITV studios, but Reid appeared distracted


As well as dealing with breaking up with Wilding, Houghton was struggling to come to terms with news from her doctors her yo-yo dieting had seriously affected her fertility and she may not have children.

She said: 'I've got a lot going on personally... He makes me feel so secure. He makes me feel complete.'

In a gushing interview, the Celebrity Big Brother winners - held hands and sat cheek-to-cheek as they were questioned by Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford.

When asked by Langsford if they were in love, they looked at each other smiling and said 'yes' in unison.

Plenty of PDA: The couple say shoulder-to-shoulder with their hands entwined during the interview

Talking love: The new couple were questioned by Eamonn Holmes and his wife Ruth Langsford


Explaining his feelings for Houghton, Reid said: 'Love has got many degrees. This feels real, this feels relaxed and I don't want to compare anything to anybody else. This feels right, right now.'

When asked what attracted her to the cagefighter, Houghton explained: 'We've had the same sort of experiences.

'I always call him the hurricane - he walks into the room and he's literally like a hurricane, he walks in and lights up the room and makes everyone feel good about themselves and he does, he makes me feel really good about myself and I haven't felt like that in a long time.'

Despite accusations their relationship is a 'showmance', they insist their love for each other is very real.

Tender moment: Reid and Houghton share a kiss outside the studios


She said: 'You can't help who you fall for. I don't care what they say. If you're happy, that's the main thing.'

Reid and Houghton first became acquainted while she was still dating Wilding, but didn't get closer until attending the Fame Awards.

Reid said: 'We properly met at Fame Awards and the weirdest thing was we were put together on the same flight and I thought it was a fix. I thought someone had done it on purpose.'

The couple's romance is going so well, they've even introduced each other to each other's parents.

When asked if they talked about marriage, Reid mused: 'Of course. We've talked about this - not getting married - but we've talked about the shared experiences - Big Brother and marriage to famous people and breaking up - and we're both sad because it was something that was so special.'

Heartbreak: Houghton with ex-boyfriend Rav Wilding last December (left) and ex-husband Samuel Preston in 2006

'I was scared of love': Reid said his 11-month marriage to Katie Price scarred him


source:dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...