'I feel pressure to fit in:' Selena Gomez on life as a young star in Hollywood

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER



Fresh faced: The young actress and singer wears a dark eye with a peachy shiny lip gloss

She has already had a successful career that has spanned a decade.



But even Selena Gomez admits to feeling insecure and pressured to conform in Hollywood.



The 19-year-old Disney beauty talked candidly to Glamour magazine about how she deals with being a young celebrity while modelling the fall's hottest beauty trends.





Strike a pose: Selena Gomez models fall beauty trends in the new issue of Glamour magazine





When asked by the magazine if it is hard being young and a Hollywood star, the actress responded: 'Yeah, you have this pressure [to fit in] and you want people to like you. I try my best to be a good person and be the best I can be.'



She takes inspiration from her peers, and become close with her recent Monte Carlo co-stars Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy.



'I was nervous and intimidated because they are older and had worked on movies before, but they were the best girls I could have been paired up with! They were so sweet and took me under their wing.'





Sultry: Colours for autumn include deep reds and purples





Selena's platinum selling song Who Says, off her new album, contains the lyrics 'Who says you're not star potential?' and the actress admits that she can relate to that having been told that on several occasions.



'I’m 19, so I feel like everything that I’m doing right now should not be taken too seriously. I should be able to have fun and enjoy where I’m at! So I don’t want to spend my time hiding or worrying about all of that.'



Yet the star has been threatened, on several occasions by hardcore Bieber fans.



'Yeah, I’m human, so of course certain things sometimes hurt. I just laugh at it,' she says.





Pretty casual: Selena spotted yesterday leaving her hotel in new York in a summery floral dress and black boots





source: dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...